Call for papers
International Workshop on Network Simulation Tools
19 October - Pisa, Italy
The Network Simulation Tools Workshop (NSTools) is a one-day event held in conjunction with the Fourth International Conference on Performance Evaluation Methodologies and Tools (VALUETOOLS'09), which will be held in Pisa, Italy, on October 19, 2009.
SCOPESimulation tools have been widely used in the Networking community. Some simulators have gained big popularity and are used as a validation of analitycal results and proposed protocols. A lot of research is based on the validity of these simulation tools.
In order to improve credibility on simulations results it is important that the networking community that uses simulation discusses and applies some rules that allow repeateability and accuracy.
The aim of this Network Simulation Tools workshop is to bring together academic and industry researchers from the communities of Networking, Simulation and Statistics to discuss current and future trends in network simulation.
The workshop is interested in particular in open-source simulators as NS2 and NS3, which which have been in the center of the previous issues of the workshop (WNS2 2006, NSTools 2007, WNS2 2008).
PAPERSThis workshop does NOT focus on network research results based on the USE of simulation tools: we are looking for original contributions on the design, validation and performance evaluation of the tools themselves. The following topics are of particular interest:
Development of new simulation environments:
- new network simulators.
- experimental test-beds for simulation validation.
- integrating post-processing and statistical analysis in simulators.
- large-scale network simulations.
- simulation accuracy evaluations.
- statistical analysis tools.
- comparison of network simulators.
- interaction between simulation environments.
- frameworks for improving accuracy and reproductibility of simulations.
- validation of simulators behaviour with experimentation and real data from implementations.